Preparing Your Moving Budget
You might have to take a lot of factors into consideration when preparing the moving budget. If you decide to hire a moving company, you got to make a note of:
1. The total weight or volume of the stuff you want the professionals to relocate. The cost varies according to the weight or the volume of the shipment.
2. The distance you’re going to cover. The fuel cost is one of the most important variables and can hugely impact the overall moving cost.
3. Time also has a little contribution. You might have to pay a bit higher during the pick seasons.
4. Accessibility. The cost might go up a bit if the access to your home is not so convenient. The professionals have to carry the heavy furniture and load the vehicle.
5. The number of labor required for the packing and unpacking work.
If you’re moving during the pick seasons, be ready to pay a bit more than usual. For moving industry, the busy seasons are –
· The summer season. For your information – try to move in October and April to save a few bucks.
· The National holidays
· Usually the last week, to be very precise, the last day of each month.
· Even the middle of the month during the summers.
Here are the things that might cost you some additional bucks –
· If you need a hotel room to stay when your stuff is still in route.
· Car transportation cost if you want to ship your car.
· A utility fee for discontinuing or hiring an existing service.
· Last but not the least, tip for the mover.
Tips to Save Money When You Move
Self Movers: Price quotes for self service moving will be much cheaper. If you have enough time available and don’t mind to do the packing, unpacking, loading and unloading work, you’ve to pay to the mover just for driving the vehicle and take it to the destination point or you can rent a truck
and drive by yourself..
Cash Back Bonuses: You can use the credit card or back account offering cash back bonuses.
Moving Supplies: Here is another piece of advice. You can save a lot of money on the moving supplies. Here is how –
1. You can order affordable moving supplies online.
2. A friend of yours, who has recently moved, can sell you the boxes. Who knows you can even get it for free.
3. Don’t buy a tape dispenser. You can borrow it.
4. Crumpled newspapers can be a great replacement for bubble wraps.
5. You can literally save money by buying the packing tape and other supplies from the local market.
6. Why pay extra for renting the padded blanket from the mover?
You can use your own blanket, area rugs and linens instead. A few moving companies offer wrapping blanket for free through. Check with your mover in advance.
Do Packing On Your Own: Pack the stuff by yourself and hire the service of the mover just for loading, driving and unloading work. To know time saving tricks and reduce the hassles, read our “Packing Tips” section.
If You’re Flexible: What does that mean? If you can manage without your belonging for a while, movers can offer a great price reduction as they can consolidate your stuff with some other customers’ belongings.
Get Rid of Unnecessary Stuff: Carefully select your stuff. Discard the old, not so important things. That way you can keep the weight and the cost of transportation reasonable.